Latent Acid Catalyst for Pultrusion Manufacturing
Pultrusion is a continuous process for manufacture of composite materials with constant cross-section. Reinforced fibres are pulled through a resin, possibly followed by a separate pre-forming system, and into a heated die, where the resin undergoes polymerization. Using CSR enabled resin within the process can bring significant benefits over other resin-based systems.
Some of the benefits gained from using CSR within pultrusion:
- Increased line speed
- Longer resin bath life/stability
- No need for bath chilling
- Reduced curing temperature
Recent customer feedback has reported 150% increase in process speed coupled with a 30°C reduction in curing temperature.
- Continuous roll of reinforced fibres/woven fibre mat
- Tension roller
- Resin bath
- Resin soaked fibre
- Die and heat source
- Pull mechanism
- Finished hardened fibre reinforced polymer